Should I be worried?

My youngest DS is 7 months old and doesn't even babble much less say mama or dada. He was 5 weeks early. He has a well baby visit on Wed. So what do you think?

SistianNoel

Asked by SistianNoel at 5:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• premies are always a little slower to develop...but I wouldn't be that worried about it, my furst son hardly ever babbled until he was like 11 months or so, his pedia even made us see a speech therapist who in turn told us boys develop other functions waaaay before they develop speech and girls are visa versa, they talk before they do other things. --Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 5:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• No, I dont think you should be worried, the pp was right, he was a preemie, so he'll be a little later to hit those milestones. My son now 7.5 months still isnt babbling that much, he just coos and lauighs, babbling just a little. As long as everything else is fine and hes healthy i see no reason to worry. We sound a lot alike tho, kind of just waiting for baby to get there, and hit the next milestone. I kow its hard to wait, but Im sure hell be fine
    Anonymous

• My dd is 10 months and just started babbeling all at once. He will do things at his rate. Not some standard a bored overpaid doctor came up with so they could make more cash.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My son is 11 months old and has yet to say anything - some days he babbles and some days he's quiet and it concerns me too - everyone tells me boys do things later but I know lots of peoples boys that are talking by now -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008