Do your kids fight? How bad and what do you do about it?

My kids are 5 and 3, I'm breaking up their fights several times a day, I've had it. Not sure how to get them under control. Other times they play fabulously together, they seem to have a very love/hate relationship going on, lol. Help!

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh YES! My older 2 cannot seem to get along at all! When they go at it I will step in and find out what the problem is and talk to them about it. If they are calmed down and can get along I leave them where they are, if they are still upset or picking at each other I separate them for a while.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my sister lets her boys "puppy play and fight" and thinks its good for them being so "boy".....I can't stand it. I don't like teasing, touching to bug someone, or hitting. Full range of emotions are fine, but skills are expected (and they have been taught how to work things out).

I also don't like that sports put down talk~or self bragging...I know the kids do it and its part of the culture...but that's not how the real world gets work done.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My five o all the time my two oldest are the worst i talk to them and than we find a different soutioln t whatthey were fighting over in the frist place my twins boys do sometmes but mostly to get my attion
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 12:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Stop playinf Ref and let them handle their own fights.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I do leave them to work it out on their own when its a minor fight, but I need to get involved when they start hitting, kicking, hurting eachother. Also, if one starts something the other comes SCREAMING for me.
    gramsmom

Comment by gramsmom (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010