how can i loose this baby fat after a few years with little or no time on my hands??

hermommy565

Asked by hermommy565 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• STAY AWAY FROM SODA!!!...my husband used to tell me all the time that drinking soda is the reason that Im not losing my weight. I didnt want to believe him bc I loved soda. It was quick and easy to get. Even though I drank alot of water it didnt help. So for the past 6 months I lessoned the amount of carbonated drinks that I drank and for the past month, month half I have lost almost 15 pounds! I only drink one soda a week. Maybe 2 but usually only 1. If you dont drink soda, then try to walk alot. Park further away from the store. Take the steps where ever you go. Just the simple things to keep you going. Hope all goes good...GOOD LUCK!!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 5:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• ??? What does little or no time have to do with it? are you referring to exercise? Watch your diet. Count calories. Some people can exercise all they want, and still not lose weight.
    Anonymous

• Why is there all some anonymous person on every post? Are they afraid of their name being associated with 'asshole?"

And for those that must diet AND exercise to lose way, Soda lady is right on the money. Stay away from snacks, or if you must choose fat free yogurt, celery, hard boiled eggs.... things that give you good nutrients and work the digestive system. Drink water. If you get a 30-60 minute lunch break, walk while you eat, or eat quickly and then walk(or I rollerblade). If you have a young'un include them in the walk/bike/rollerbalde/whatever so you get in your family time at the same time. Walk faster everywhere you go. Park as far as you can from the store/work/etc. If your LO can play tag, invite them for a game of tag. If not you can carry them and use them as a weight. :o)
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 6:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If you have time to get on the computer you have time to exercise...That's just a petty excuse. Everyone can exercise at some point during the day they just don't want to. I can't help you because you make excuses...
    Anonymous

• :) I totally understand the little or no time :) ignore the ones who think "everyone has time"

one trick I learned several years ago to lose tummy fat is just to sit up straight with your abs tight. The constant holding in of your abs does work them out and you do it while you are normally sitting anyways (great for work or eating meals etc) Remember those belts they tried selling that would give you a little shock if you didn't hold in your abs? works on the same principal those did without the shock. :)

another trick- eat a low calorie granola bar and drink a full glass of water 30 minutes before a meal. You won't eat as much at the meal.

Chewing slowly instead of eating really fast gives your brain more time to catch up with your stomach so you know your full sooner instead of over eating.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• definitely park farther away from the store when running errands, you'll get that little bit of extra walking in.

wear ankle weights. great in the winter as they are hidden under pants. this gives you more resistance while doing simple things like cleaning and just walking.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I know it's easier said than done, but you have to MAKE the time for exercise. There are always things that need to be done every minute of the day. But I've learned that people who work out have no more time on their hands than me, they just make a point of taking that 30 min for themselves to do it. If you watch TV at all, you are just making excuses. I DO understand being busy. I am single mom, working two jobs. But I found a work-out class that I LOVE that I take 3 days a week. I get mad now if something prevents me from attending. 45 min on Mon, Wed and Fri. It has made a huge difference for me. But you gotta find what will work for you. All the ladies above have some great suggestions. Start small. You'll get there!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i use "Slim in 6". they have some 10 minute workouts, and trust me, they kicked my butt the first week. in 1 week i lost 5 pounds!
    GwenythsMom

Answer by GwenythsMom at 12:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2008