is it possible to keep a baby from a tween when one of them is already dead at the 7 weeks of pregnancy?

I am pregnant of tween but in the ultrasound I got one of them is dead. How is possible I don't have any sign of miscarried? what is going to happen from now on?

Ross337

Asked by Ross337 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It isn't uncommon. I don't know the specifics, but I do know that it is possible for your other baby to carry to 40 weeks.
    Anonymous

• it called vanishing twin. they think i am haveing the same thing. It is very likely you will carry the other one to term. It is just know really bing seen a lot because of really early ultrasounds. apparently it happens all the time. I am so sorry to hear of the loss and wish the best with the other baby
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yep happened to me this pregnancy also. First u/s at 5 and1/2 weeks showed 2 heartbeats. the u/s at 8 wks showed only one viable fetus w/ a heartbeat. Your body will actually absorb the other fetus and turn it into nutrients and fluid for the surviving baby. It is really comon and becoming more known b/c of really early u/s. I am 34 and 1/2 weeks now and my baby is doing great. There will be no signs of miscarriage - your body won't allow one b/c it would expel the other baby and ur body knows it is still preg. Its no problem and this baby will most likely do great.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• YEH I HAD ONE ABSORBED AND THE OTHER FINE BUT THE DR THOUGHT ID LOSE BOTH
    Anonymous