Asking BFs Room mate to move out?

I just moved in with my BF a month ago and when his lease is up at these apartments we are moving into a house. I told BF that when we moved that his room mate had to go. He agreed before we even moved in together. His room mate has been so nice but I still want us to be our own little family and not have a room mate. His friend cant live with us forever and the move date isnt until December. Last night his RM was cooking and I told him he needed to give me some cooking lessons before the move date and he acted like he had no clue I wanted him to move out. BF had already talked with him about it. Now his RM is refusing to talk to me like a little kid. Was I in the wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• No not wrong and he has plenty of notice to stay looking for a new place. There is so much to do in a house with out someone else in it. lol U know what I mean. hehe
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 12:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• How do you think you would feel if someone asked for your assistance in the same sentence as she reminded you that you aren't welcome anymore?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well it makes me wonder if BF did not clarify to RM what would happen at the end of the lease and RM may have assumed that things would stay the same and all 3 of you would move together to the new place. I do think the 3 of you should talk, and you should let RM know that you did not mean to hurt his feelings, but you and BF would like a place of your own.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with you but I think you shouldn't have use the two subjects together.
    ladyluke2007

Answer by ladyluke2007 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• ouch. that hurt me too. wasn't very thoughtful. i say things that come out wrong all the time. i apologize though. you should too i mean poor guy has to find a new place after all.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Wow!!! You probably didn't mean it, but that hurt!! How long have the two lived together and how great is the relationship? In all fairness the roommate has every right to be upset, after all, you didn't hear the conversation between your bf and the roommate so you can only speculate what was said...secondly, how would you feel if you were in the roommates shoes?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You are not wrong at all. You just need to stand your ground and make it clear that he has to find his own place to live when yall move
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It sounds like you want to play house but still need to grow up a little.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010