What can I do to cheer my teen who is sad?

Or should I say what should I do.

She felt in love with a boy n he is not paying her attention told her ugly things. Like your fat girl. An she is only 14. She feels like she doen't want to do nothing. Just wants to be in her room laying on bed.. Doesn't even watch tv. She told me that I can't help her that she doesn't feel like doing anythin but laying on bed. That she doesn't care for nothing no more. That she feels empty..

galchik

Asked by galchik at 12:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Oh that's suck a hard age and crushes then are SO real and devistating when you get hurt.. :( just be her mom and be there for her, keep checking on her in her room and let her know you love her with all you have!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• What a bummer. =( Kids are cruel. I don't know, I guess I'd poke my head in and let her know you're there if she wants to talk. Does she have any girlfriends that can come over and get her butt out of bed?
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• She needs a little pushy love from mom. In your drill sgt voice say to her were goin out to have a good time. Who needs a sorry man? Why do you want a guy who is mean? Any guy whod say those things does not even deserve a gf. Take her out for some fun like the mall, park or something.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with Karriemarie. Take her out for a bit. Maybe take her to get a manicure or something to make her feel pretty. You could get her a new outfit or shoes. Or...you could take her out for ice cream. =) That always makes me feel better!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well, if you cant make her go out then bring things in. I had that once at 13 and I remember my mom finding me crying in my closet one day. She knelt down and held me and told me the story of her first boyfriend. I even found out that she had a fiance before my dad who cheated and broke her heart. You have to make the girl understand that you know how it feels and are not just saying that. Bring in people who love her, things she loves, food she loves. Just surround her with love.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• wow. That is a bit extreme... did she sleep with him? Or were the insults in public? Just seems a bit extreme for a crush gone bad. I think I would MAKE her go to a counselor... that seems like depression and an extreme reaction to something EVERY girl goes through.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You should give her space but also be there for her. I like the pp about her mother telling her stories. Also, don't patronize the relationship she had with the boy, you know it's not the end of the world but she feels differently ATM. A good mother-daughter day is always good, like shopping or a movie.
    MegWorthington

Answer by MegWorthington at 3:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2010