Is it a heat rash or allergy?

So its been pretty hot the last couple days. I had my 7 month old son lightly dressed in a thin comfy onsie. During his nightly bath i noticed what looked like a small rash beginning to form on his back. He tried a new food for dinner, and had been getting fussy on our walk (which he never does). Do you think it could be an allergy or a heat rash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes it could be either really, I would be safe and take him to the pedia to get it looked at, because in my sons situation i thought he was getting something similar and turned out to be what they call tinea versicolor, a skin condition that looks like a rash or allergy but is like a fungus almost. -Sincerley Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 5:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• eek! How long did you wait before taking him to the Dr? And how bad was the condition?
    Anonymous

• Really could be either.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008