What do you do when...

Your husband is ALWAYS negative. In the last 4 years I think i've heard him say something positive only a handful of time...literally. Maybe ONE was to me.

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 1:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• *times
    CABlonde

Comment by CABlonde (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• kick his ass out
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 1:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If it bothers you, you need to tell him and if he can't or won't change then maybe you need a change!
    Tazz2299

Answer by Tazz2299 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Try to find out why he's been so cranky, and then help him fix it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If it bothers you, tell him about it. See if you can get him to see your side of it. OR If he's going to act out like a child, then maybe he should be treated lie a child.
    ladyluke2007

Answer by ladyluke2007 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would tell him, that I was tired of him being so negative. That I can't stand it anymore, that he is going to have to work on it, get some counseling, do whatever he needs to. But, that I cannot and will not put up with the negative attitude anymore, and he has to work on it!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's got to be depressing for you, right? Find out why he's such a grumpy butt and try to help him out. If it's just his personality then I guess I'd just be happy for the both of us.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i have delt with this b4 have u talked to him to see maybe if there is something bothering him ...get him to open up...good luck
    jojo3376

Answer by jojo3376 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure I'm much help. Mine is always negative. I can run all over town for him, do what he wants, clean, cook and the minute he sees me he says "why didn't you ______?" I have an aversion to shopping and ordering pizza because he always critizes me. He'll tell me "I don't care what pizza you get" and so I try to get what I think he wants and he'll say "why did you get that?!". I tell him to stop and he never does. Heck I was on the phone with him and I asked him something and he treated me like I was the dumbest person on the planet. Then he asked me later why I got off the phone so quickly with him and I said he was rude to me. He spent the rest of the night pissed off at me for saying that! He used to be nice to me but things are changing fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If after 4 years, and he hasn't changed from being a negative person, then a change is needed...if it isn't in him then maybe you should find it in you...It isn't a good feeling to be around someone who's always negative....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010