why do women on here

brag that they hit their child?! I've seen one said she smacked her 3 yr old across the face, one saying she beat him with a belt and I could go on.
Why can't we don anything about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeautytheBeast

Asked by BeautytheBeast at 1:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• i know it screwed up! im guilty of a pop on the butt with my hand once in a while and only if they are doing something that is going to kill them eventually, but i owuld not hit my child in the face or anywhere but the bottom for that matter and i would never use any object for a spanking.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We can if we see it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i havent read any like that..but some women just do it to start a debate to keep a post goin..i cant see any mom on here braggin like that for real
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• They say that because they don't see anything wrong with it.

I don't spank because I can control my DD without doing so but some children, that's all that gets thru to them.

I do feel that the era of the "time-out" and government ban of spanking has led to an increase of poorly behaved children that do not respect their elders.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think it depends on how you see this kind of thing. For me a slap on the face and being beat with a belt are WAY two different things. And as a parent who spanks I am a firm believer that parents who refuse to are in fact doing more damage than not... In the end I think it all comes down to how you view those things. So many times I wish I would see parents say that kind of thing more often... How many question on here are What do I do, my Adult child or my Teen is screwing up their life... Well, frankly, had you to get on it when they were kids, you can't do it once they are that old... And it's these same parents who were so adamant about not spanking or punishing light... Personally, I would rather see someone say she smacked her kid across the face once in a while than hear them say they let them walk all over them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• all we can do is report it cafemom and that's it. what is cafemom going to do about it? Just take them off the site? Wow that's really helping the children.....
    BeautytheBeast

Comment by BeautytheBeast (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• no,I mean we can if we see it in real life. On here,probably no taking off the site.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We can try and educate them. Violence should never be a solution. Why would you want your children afraid of you???
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 1:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• To shock everyone else.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Nothing "shocks" me on here anymore. If I see it in real life I am obligated by law to report it. And I do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010