If your SO cheats?

If you are married, and feel that your spouse cheats..and find out that its true. When/if you divorce, what will happen with the children. Could the person that cheats not get to see their children?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• That would have nothing to do with visitation.

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Just because someone is a bad spouse, doesn't make them a bad parent, I think it would be highly unlikely to affect custody.

Answer by gramsmom at 1:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The court will decide all that.

Answer by DesertRose75 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If my SO cheated, he wouldn't be my SO anymore!! I don't see why that would involve my children, they still need thier dad.

Answer by Tazz2299 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't think that cheating is a reason not to have access to the children in the laws eyes.

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 1:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• nope he would still have his parental rights. it's not like him cheating means he's a bad father just a bad husband.

Answer by melody77 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• From my experience: I dont think it matters if your spouse cheats unless he is found unfit then i think it would be a diffrent story. Some unfit parents still get visitation as well.

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would divorce right away. My husband is a good dad so of coarse he'll still be able to see his kid. I would be the primary care giver because he can't handle it full time plus he's job is way to hard to keep kids around. (military)

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My ex husband DID cheat. In a big way he cheated. He got another woman pregnant while I was pregnant with our son. My first instinct was to never let him see me or his child. But...he cheated on ME..not our son. I couldnt, wouldnt do that to our son. My son did not need to be punished for what his father did. So, no..I did not keep him away.

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i would divorce but my dh is a wonderful father and i would never take his kids away from him.

Answer by cassie_m at 1:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010