My husband is ok when its me and him, but whenever his family comes around i feel he is very diffrent. Do you guys also feel the same way?

Vmom79

Asked by Vmom79 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, he tends to say things that piss me off when they're around.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• All the time! My husband treats me like shit in front of his family. I addressed it and he said he never realized it and will work on it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Wow, yup, same here. I hate being around him and his family. Especially his mother. It's like he reverts back to childhood and he doesn't have to be accountable for anything because his mommy will protect him. We get into more fights and are generally miserable when it comes to being around his family. Thank God they live on the opposite coast as we do. I always tell him that if they lived close by we'd be divorced by now!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My husband acts like a dick when hes around his family, especially his Father. He tends to "poke fun" at me, and pretty much just act really immature and say ignorant and childish things just to try and get a rise out of me. He acts like this because his father is like this with his mother, so his father thinks its funny and he likes to get a cheap chuckle from his dad I guess. Ive told him about it several times, but he still does it.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• A lot of people act differently around different people. I think it shows immaturity. IMO.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My husband acts pretty much the same way whether it's just him and me, or he has family or friends around.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yep, turns into a ten year old around his mommy. She treats him that way and he lets her.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My husband doesnt act differently when his family is around. he does if his friends are around. He will make snide remarks and call me a hussy and stuff. I don't take it lying down either. I will give it right back.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• wow. No. Not at all. Maybe when were young, I think I remember dealing with something like that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes! I used to feel like that all the time we could be with his parents and things he would say would just piss me off! I Addressed it to him and he seemed to understand and said that he would work on it and he has! His dad still acts very childish though but i feel better knowing my husband has my side and will defend me :) You should try talking to him it worked for me.. Hope this helps!
    Momie09

Answer by Momie09 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010