do you report people?

As a new mom, I was so excited to find this site. What a great place to share stories and gain advice! Having never raised a child before, I've had tons of questions over the past year! I am so thankful to the people who have answered, but so incredibly tired of the bashers. I have never reported anyone on this site, but am getting really tired of people trying to make me, and other moms feel like idiots, because we have a question. I used to just blow it off, but today I've just had it!! (Could be pms lol) Have you ever reported a rude answer? Did it make a difference? Is repoting someone anonymous, or do they know who reported them?

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't think they know who reported them. I only report questions that are rude and call out specific members by name. Everything else, I just look over it.
    I just take a deep breath and get another cup of coffee :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• well i wanted to answer your question. But i don't know the answer to that! I hope someone can tell you
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 1:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think you can actually block ppl who are rude to you. They will still be rude but they can't see your posts and you can't see theirs...
    Reporting might help. Give it a try if you want... IDK
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i haven't yet but I've been reported yet but I had one coward reply to me because she didn't like my comment on a post (it wasn't rude what so ever) and she said all this crap that I'm going to hell and god doesn't love me, then I said back good I don't believe in god and then she reported me said I said very nasty things to her when i really didn't.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have reported a few question/answers. But only for MAJOR things. Like someone once was calling out a mother and encourageing other moms to do the same. But I am NOT report happy..lol
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've reported only a couple of times. Once was a bad night here in the Answers and one idiot was harassing a certain mom. They delelted the question immediately, I wasn't the only one reporting.  And once in the polls for a very rude comment, that one I was told wasn't as offensive as I thought and they wouldn't delete it. So I think it depends on the content of the comment and how many people report it.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You can block people that are rude to you, but that doesn't stop them from answering your questions. It just stops them from PM'ing you. I've found that the best way to deal with the rude ladies on here is to ignore them. IF you simply don't reply to them, eventually after less than twenty four hours, they move on to someone more responsive.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• naw...dont have that problem
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010