She Is Driving Me Nuts (Sometimes)

My dd will be 3 in Sept. She is a good child, but I can't get her to listen and do as she is told for the most part. I tell her not to do something and she says she is going to because she wants to and does it anyways. How do I get her to listen?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 1:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make sure you get on her level. Kneel down and look her in the face and ask her to do whatever it is. If she doesn't listen time-outs work OK. Or my sister starts taking things- like the toy she is playing with and keeps taking stuff until she listens. If she doesn't behave he doesn't get rewarded- that type of thing.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 1:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Consistancy, repeat, and demand acknowledgment. Make sure she repeats what you told her, and also- if you tell her no to something you HAVE to follow trough with dicipline every single time (at this age), or she will continue to test her limits.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 29, 2010