What do you use to clean poop off a mattress?

My almost 3 year old took the bedding off his bed and poop on the mattress. He walked on it and ground it into the mattress before I know what happened. What is the best way to get the mattress clean?

aprilford2003

Asked by aprilford2003 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Home & Garden

• carpet cleaner is what i use, my son peed in our bed and pooped a couple times, i stood it on end sprayed, scrubbed and sprayed again, make sure u get the big chunks off, use like a scraper to help so u dont mash it more into the matress...

we are puting a plastic cover our sons bed when he moves to a twin, GL
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• so im not the only one this has happened to? what is it about 3 yr old boys? this will be yuck, but of course wipe off of the surface what you can. then i let it dry. it was easier to scrape off and honestly it was easier to wash again when it was dried. spray it with some water put a drop of dawn on it, use a cloth or a toothbrush (you will NEVER use again:) and scrub. then i used some pet fresh (for the carpet). that is great to keep on hand when you have kids that like to go to the BR in random places. it gets the smell out.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• lol my one month old just did this on my side of the bed with that gross mud consistancy green and grey poo, yuck
    luckymomma08

Answer by luckymomma08 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2010