How Do I get My DD To Sit?

My soon to be 3 yo dd is usually a good child. I have a problem with getting her to stay sitting at the table when it is time to eat. She will come and sit down and then she is off agin. How do I get her to stay? Is this normal behavor?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 1:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• its normal behavior for kids well @least all 4 of mine were like that..my grandma said i was like that...she just made me small plates of fruit an healthy snacks that i could grab quickly until i learned to eat in kindergarden...lol
    as long as she takes a few bites an drinks dont worry..no when she wont move or eat then u worry..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• its normal for my almost 3 year old - I don't know how others seem to do it without phsyically holding them there- he doesn't care if I throw his food away or he doesn't get snacks the rest of the night either
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• not sure.
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 11:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Normal in my expirience. Setting a firm restriction (once you are excused from the table...) is good but you have to be consistant.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 29, 2010