A mans world.... HA!

Im a female fire fighter. I work with men all day, everyday.... I want to find a way to stop from falling into the grungy girl thing. I've started to paint my nails since i cant have a french manicure. Curling my hair(that i sweat out), and just other things to feel womanly at work. Its not that hard but, i was looking for some other ideas just to soften that "One of the guys" image. And remind them "I'm still a woman".

PS IM NOT COOKING I TRIED THAT AND THEY FELT LIKE IT SHOULD BE AN EVERYDAY THING IDTS!!! I have a husband at home that gets that treatment.

Zarviemom19

Asked by Zarviemom19 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Get some easy to apply blush (NARS Orgasm is a good color for pretty much any skin tone) and grab an eyelash curler and some waterproof mascara. Neutrogena makes a great waterproof formula that's fairly easy to remove.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 3:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Wear pretty underwear. They (probably) won't see it, but you'll know it's there and feel more lady like.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Bedazzle your boots and helmet!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• it would be very hard to be a cop or firefighter and be girly (btw you rock!) i am a teacher and we have cops at our school everyday (just because it is in a bad part of the city to protect us and the kids) and one of them is female and she was like you described when she first started working here. no nails. hair was super short and in pig tails (wtf?) a tomboy --- since hanging out with the teachers she has gotten wayg more girly.. she gets her nails done, she has her hair styled and dyed really cute (like an adapted Kate style but it suits her) and she got a boob job!! lol but she did that because she pretends to be a hooker to catch jons and that upped her numbers amazingly! i told her that she needs to write off the bill on her taxes as a work expence.. honestly dont you want the men you work with to see you as a peer and your dh to see you as his lady -- i would keep the girly stuff at home more than work. jmo
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I hear ya, I was a female soldier surrounded by big burly guys all day too... well I when I put it that way that sounds kinda niiiice ;) lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Got me with that kind of job.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would imagine they don't make boots with stilettos? LoL. Seriously perfume. I don't go anywhere without a spritz. even to the grocery store I always have at least mascara, lipstick and a little Fracas.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sexy underwear ;) Curl your lashes and throw on some mascara and lip gloss.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010