how can i get my daughter to listen to me?

my daughter is 2 years old and she listens to everybody but me i have to show her what i am asking her to do or take her where i am trying to get her to go. but her daddy can say go potty and she will go once in awhile she will listen to me but not always and when she dont i get so mad and try not to let her see. it just makes me think she just dont want me here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just b firm in what u say not yelling but sound like u mean it..an when she dont listen 2-3 firm taps on the bhind or hand..(yes its ok to spank not whooop)..or a 2 min time out everytime she doesnt listen..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• do you follow your words up with action. Nothing like a mom saying "stop jumping on the bed" and the kids still is jumping. I have to get in there and stop the behavior. If its time to visit the potty and she blows you off , I'd stop my thang and say, "you can try it by yourself or I can help you get there" ~

surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Along with the rest, squat down to her level, hold both hands, and look her straight in the eye. It will tell her that you mean it rather than talking over her head.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010