What do you do for Heartburn?

Zantac has quit helping... so what do you use??

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I use zantac 150.....see if the dr can give you an rX for something else.
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 5:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i drink lots of milk cause i don't like taking pills unless its very nessicary otherwise, tums
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you have to be careful with tums...if you get too much calcium in your system you can get kidney stones....I had them with my first son.....REALLY BAD. it was caused by calcium deposits in my kidneys from taking tums. I get heartburn from 4 months on everyday....as soon as it starts to wear off I have to take another one otherwise I will be in agony until it kicks in....all 3 of my pregnancies have been this way.

AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 6:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• U used Yogurt and milk for the most part. At the very end it was bad enough to take a couple Tums tablets. My doctor approved them before i did it and I only ever did right before bed so i could sleep. I did get kidney stones AFTER pregnancy but since I had a lot of problems after pregnancy I'm not going to point fingers at the Tums!
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 6:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I went to GNC and got papaya pills, they are natural, and you can eat them when ever you get heartburn. Someone's babies hair is growing :)
    Sunshyne78

Answer by Sunshyne78 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i drink a glass of milk then if i can lay down the less i move the better it is.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I eat peppermints. They work wonders for heartburn, which is why most restaurants have them when you are leaving.  DH bought me a 5 lb. bag of them during my 2nd pregnancy so he didn't have to keep going to buy me more all the time.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 7:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008