What to do with my pumpkins????

Okay so I have grown some jack be little pumpkins (these are the small decorative ones). So far I have 12 of them picked and about 50 more still growing... I am looking for some craft ideas to use them in with my kids. (amazingly I am not finding much on the internet) Let me know any ideas you may have. Thanks!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 2:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• food! like breads if you can cook with them but you said decor ones so maybe you can paint some do some crafts give some to your kids they will have good ideas too!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 2:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have molding on top of my front door. I put small pumpkins there last year. It looked so good!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Have you kid(s) invite some friends over & have a mini jack-o-lantern coloring/painting contest. And the kids can take them home too!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Make foods out of them. Pies, cakes, cookies, breads, etc.
    I agree with CheekyCherub.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you can use the old parts of a mr potato head or make your own parts out of gords to make 3D faces on them.. you could also do pipe cleaner arms and legs becaue they are so little. then pass them out at the children's hospital or homeless shelter to spread the joy! have fun.. my son just loves to paint a pumpkin - i dont know why but he loves it so maybe go simple like that too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Other than a Jack o Lantern and used for cooking as was mentioned just plain decorating with them is fun. For October and November they can be displayed with fall decorations. Martha Stewart sprayed them gold one year and tried that. They were beautiful with wome leaves and other goodies.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 7:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There's a lady at my school that paints on them so cute, tie ribbons on them put them in a basket, just to display with some fake fall leaves, glue fake fall leaves on them. Take them to schools to donate or nursing homes are always looking for things like that for their residents, have your family have a decoarting party
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Cut the tops off and clean out, if there are seeds you could bake these with the kids to eat. Then make a pot of soup with the kids helping and use the little pumpkins for their bowls.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 8:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010