EWWWWWWWW!!! Stinky cat butts....

What can I do to get rid of the stink going on with these cats buttholes? My goodness...One second your petting them and thier purring away and then WHAM! Butthole in face along with you ending up gagging t death. P-U!
Think it could be their food? What can I give them to at least dilute the stinkiness a bit?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pets

• are you using a high quality food? stuff w/ high protein does that alot
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• we used to used a fancy "gourmet" cat food called chicken soup for the cats soul and it was mostly meat very little grain and no fillers . it caused horrible gas and anal stinkage.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We buy dry cat food in bulk and pour it into a sealed container at home. I forget what its called. Its a mid-grade food though..not the cheapest but not th emost expensive either. I do know that the first ingrediant is Chicken...not yellow corn..I've always checked for that. Do you think that if I got the one with corn being the first ingrediant would be better on the smell? lol...it IS cheaper...
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• LOL
    Momie09

Answer by Momie09 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010