How much do you trust?

******** Disclaimer- This is not a debate or a post where you need to post your nastiest opinions. I am asking a question to my Christian Sisters **********

How much do you trust God? Would you give your last $10.00 to Tithe in church and give to God, while trusting that he will provide the needs of your family (gas, food, etc) until the next payday or would you keep the money and buy the things you need?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 2:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I gave my last at church on Sunday and yesterday I checked my bank statement and saw that chase payed my rent( throught that chase picks a random tab to pay thing)
    That's not the first time that God has looked out for me either lol. Thank you Jesus :)
    By the way I loved the disclaimer, it made me giggle :)
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 3:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• In my religion we believe in giving 10% of our income and I have seen too many blessing to following it to not want to. It can be difficult, but I know the Lord will provide when I follow his commandments.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That's a tough one. I honestly have to say I would look out for my family. ($10.00 would buy 4 gals of milk- we drink a lot of milk!) There are a lot of contradictions in the Bible when it comes to interpretations- & I guess I go by the interpretation of "The Lord helps those who help themselves" I'm not saying I'm not a charitable person, and I do have complete faith in God & His plan. I understand the pure beauty of it all.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I believe there is a GOD in heaven, but I also agree w/ The Lord says: GOD helps those that help themselves. I feel at that particular time, HE would want me to feed my children and not let them go without. I would be putting my trust in HIM to take care for us in other ways, and knowing that this was the decision HE would want me to pick.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I trust God completely, but at the same he has entrusted mewith family. I would be shirking the responsibility he gave me by allowing my children to suffer just give my monetary tithe. On the other hand our family does help out at the church in a few different ministries.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have done that several times,and it worked.Then God wouldn't want my children to do without just in order to tithe.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• no, I'd rather give it someone I know is real and going to use it on something they need
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There is a HUGE difference between trusting God and trusting the Church! However that said, I don't see either as infallible...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would agree that there is a difference in trusting God and trusting the Church but God does tell us in his word that we are to give to him and he will take care of us.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I believe that it is possible to give to God in many ways and not just money.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010