Is Two a normal age for boys to start..

Playing with themselves? My son has been touching himself lately, I think its normal.. But hes my oldest so.. I haven't done this part before. But hes working on potty training and he has been walking around the house naked from the waist down lately. (Its easier for him to remember to potty this way) Anyways I just don't know if its normal behavior. It's mostly just poking it. lol. Or saying "Mommy look, wee wee" haha okay.. Thanks in advance.

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• completely normal. and they will go through a phase of wanting to be naked and they will grow out of it, every child I have been related to or worked with did this.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes it is normal..... my DS is 2 and he always does that his dr said its 100% normal and not to worry
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 2:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Normal
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes, normal to play with their penis. my 10 month old has been doing it for a couple months. my 2 yr old does it too, but mostly in the bath.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• thats not my question, my question is, is it normal for him to touch his privates. Not weather or not he is allowed to be naked. Thanks but I will handle that part. I'm not worried about him getting naked in public, and he is welcome to be naked now as a young child. Why not? Its only okay so long before its frowned upon. I'm letting my son be little, and enjoy his innocence.
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• lol yes it is very normal. my son is 2.5 years old. He plays with his as often as he has a chance to. i wouldn't let him walk around the house naked though. my son wears a pull up / diaper and no shorts or pants and that is the least i will let him go .
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son will pee and poop in a pull up or diaper, or even underwear. He gets lazy about it. Thats why I let him be naked. Again, thats not the question I need answering, that works for us. Thank you to everyone.
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No,I would not let him get used to walking around naked. He just may undress when u r out someplace.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010