2 part rotisserie chicken question ...

1) if you bought one and didn't cut it up or otherwise break it apart how many day(s) in the fridge would you trust it?

2) how often do you buy these from your local store?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I work in a deli and cook these all the time...and from what ive seen i would not keep it longer than 2 days after its cooked.
    peachface21

Answer by peachface21 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't keep any left overs more than 2-3 days.

I don't often buy them but they are good! The last time I had one was last winter when it snowed. We went to get some things at the store and bought one for a hot quick dinner. Yummy.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i find that after two days, it starts to smell weird. Rotisserie chickens are very moist & and bacteria like that. I always cut mine up right away & make chicken salad with the left overs for DH's lunch. Once it is mixed with mayo & a little vinegar, it will last for up to 4 days, but no longer!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I won't keep or use it past 4 days max.

I don't typically buy them, but my Dad likes them and he will bring one over every once in a while for dinner (he usually eats with us).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• 3 days MAX, and I make my own at home on the grill outside. Its EASY
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• They don't last past 3 days in our house, but I'd trust it for a couple of more days if it's been properly cooked and then refrigerated immediately.
    I never buy them because we have our own rotisserie and make our own.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If we don't eat it all in one meal, I use the rest the next day or freeze it - but we usually finish it in one meal.

Very very rarely - I had DH pick one up the other night but before that we hadn't had one it at least a couple of years. I did learn that I will only buy them from 1 place anymore though (the one the other night was gross and super scrawny).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010