Will men look past your weight...

...if you have a pretty face? I'm talking about men, not boys and preferably one woman men who are ready for a relationship. I am recently divorced, ready to date again, but am self conscious about my weight (about 75 pounds overweight), but I have always been told I have a pretty face. I smile and am very friendly and am always myself. Just hoping for not much rejection and that men will be interested in me even though I am overweight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• There are plenty of men who like women with a few extra pounds. I'm pretty sure there are even websites dedicated to this.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sweetie.. there is someone out there for everyone & if he don't appreciate you and love you just for who you are then he isn't worth it!♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes, and I know I've said this a lot but it's true. I think you have a better chance of finding a good man if you don't look like a Barbie doll because the shallow superficial assholes will walk on by.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think that every person has thier own taste of what they find attractive. So, chances are the ones that will come on to you, flirt with you, be interested in you are the ones that are genuinley interested in YOU for you and like you for the way you are and the way you look. Dudes that only want skinny women probably wouldnt show interest..just as guys that want meatier women show no interest in the skinny ones.
    Don't worry about it..be yourself..smile, be happy,have a good time...and you'll do fine :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've always been heavy and never had an issue finding good men. Confidence and natural sex appeal come through regardless of the extra pounds.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Have no worries you'll find a man that will love you, for you.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• some men prefer women with extra
    some like skinny
    some like short hair, long hair, tall, shy,bossy, slutty, good cooks, red heads, funny, serious, etc etc etc
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Men who like bigger women are few, but they are by far the best! I lucked out and found mine early on. Just because you're big doesn't mean you can't be loved. And this whole "I'm big "but" I have a pretty face thing? Lose that attitude fast! Men do not like self-hating women. You're big AND you have a pretty face. Thats your new mantra, say it until you believe it, because even if you don't yet, its true.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The lovely Norma Jean (aka Marilyn Monroe) was a size 14 & they called her vuluptuous! So with that in mind, just remember there's a Jack for every Jill! Good luck finding your "Jack" :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There are as many chunky gals datin and getting married as thin ladies, so I think you should go for it. I have always been a bigger gal and my hubby loves me. GL
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010