faux hawk VS. mohawk .....

faux hawk being just gelling/styling your child's existing hair and a real Mohawk being shaving the surrounding hair to specialize the cut. Do you judge either/or? Why? How so? Did you do this to your son?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I love little boys with fauxhawks! My nephew is 4 and my sister styles his hair in a fauxhawk and I think it's adorable.
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• faux hawk
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 2:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Faux hawk.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I like either. It's the mullets on little boys I cant stand.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• neither i think that is so 80's and looks stupid myself. and no if i had a son i would never do that to their hair.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I really don't care either way. If my kids want one or the other, they can have it. It's just hair, it'll grow back! I have never thought really anything about a person based on their hair... Who would do that? Why? It's freakin hair! Seriously, there are better things to worry about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• it's just hair. when my son was 3 he asked for a mohawk, I did it. Then a few weeks later, cut it all in a normal hair cut. No big deal.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't judge. But, we've only done a fauxhawk because his hair is weird and he would look funny with a real one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son has a faux hawk. He likes it. I'd rather a mohawk, it would be easier to fix, but he won't let me shave his head! He looks cool, and he likes it. He doesn't look stupid, and all the kids in his school think it's cool. No one picks on him, and it seems to give him more self confidence. That's why I let him have his faux hawk ;)

Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• mohawk
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010