• In the Spotlight:

does anyone know how to get a grant to attend school that doesn't have to be repaid?

UniqueT

Asked by UniqueT at 2:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in

• You can get Pell grants if your income is low enough. Try this web site: http://www.school-grants.org or maybe other similar ones.  I know women can get grants for certain fields of study, so it also depends on what you want to study.

andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You apply by filling out a FAFSA form.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 3:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• In addition to what andrea96 posted, you can also sometimes obtain grants directly from the college or university based on having good grades or for belonging to certain organizations, etc.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The Pell Grant. There are many other grants too. Go to USA.gov to find out what ones don't have to be repaid.
    The Pell Grant is for low income families though, so you may not qualify.
    Go to Fastweb.com for Scholarships as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Just apply and see what they say.... worth a shot!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Go to the school's financial aid office and ask for advice. They should have tons of information.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• As PP have said go to the Finacial Aid office in the school you are going to attend. They can even help you fill out the forms.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• apply like hell for all sorts of grants
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• College? Just go to the school and fill out the financial aid package. You can also fill out the FAFSA online
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yup... I know a lot of people who get grants. There are grants from the federal gov't, state gov't, and your college. Our income doesn't allow us to get much. Last semester I got $300 only, but a friend of mine just got a few thousand! You might also want to look into scholarships. My husband got a $10,000/year grant from the Erma Bird Scholarship each year he was in school on top of his full-ride! I felt silly apply for scholarships because I only had a GED, but now I'm in college with a 4.0 so I'll be doing that soon. Just make sure to keep your grades up and prove you're serious and there are people and organizations out there who will be willing to assist you!
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 6:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010