Dyson Animal Vacuum

We have been considering buying a Dyson Animal Vacuum for about a month now and I keep reading really good reviews on it. I am just having a hard time deciding if we should spend the money or not. We have a black lab and she sheds a ton! We also have a baby due in November so I'm starting to worry about the dog hair in the carpet with a new baby. Does anyone have a Dyson Animal Vacuum and are you impressed? How often do you use it? Do you recommend it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pets

• Yes, I have one and I have been very impressed. I have 2 cats, who both shed like crazy. I also have a steamvac, and if I vacuumed with my old vacuum, the steamvac would pull cat hair out of the carpet. Once I started using the Animal, my steamvac no longer pulls up cat hair. I use it at least once a week in the main areas of the house. Yes, I recommend it.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• we have a yellow lab and a baby on the way also and we just bought a Hoover Wind Tunnel- I LOVE it! We bought this after looking at Dysons and decided they weren't really worth the money... This Hoover also has an attachment that works wonders on couches, beds and stairs! It has a super long hose that locks in when not in use, and a push button retractable power cord. It doesn't get plugged and has a washable hepa filter (so your not spending a fortune replacing them!) Then also it is a push button empty bagless canister! I would recommend this one. We just bought it at Wal-Mart (about $120 I think)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 3:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've had my Dyson Animal for almost 3 years and I love it. We have 4 indoor cats--3 of them long-haired--and the Dyson does a great job. I vacuum on a pretty regular basis, usually 3 or 4 times per week. I haven't had a ton of vacuums before to compare it to, but we love our Dyson. Also, it comes w/ a 5 year warranty, so if you do decide to spend the extra $ on it, at least you'll know you'll get a MINIMUM of 5 years use out of it. I bought a vacuum once for $230 and it died after about 15 months. It only had a 1-year warranty on it so it was definitely not a good value!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I personally prefer the Kirby vacuum. I think it does a much better job then the dyson.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We have the Hoover Wind Tunner Pet Rewind and LOVE it. It was about $175 and worth every penny. We have 4 cats and 2 dogs, and when I first bought the vacuum I tested it. I vacuumed a hairy area the way I normally would. Then I took a lint roller to the area, and fully expected there to still be hairs in the rug. There was nothing but carpet fibers on that lint roller. I cannot recommend it highly enough! The attachments work great too.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2010