people with iud? adult content

i got an iud put in almost 3 weeks ago and i havent stoped bleeding since.. How long did u bleed 4? I cant have sex or anything and im craping all the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Health

• I bled off and on for 4 months. Mostly it was just light spotting.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think that is normal at first. I didn't have any problems at all but i am pretty sure bleeding and cramping are normal.

If the pain is bad enough to interfere with your normal daily activities that i would go back to the doctor but if it's just regular cramping i would give it a few more weeks.

What a bummer!
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• one day, I got mine put in sometime in nov, then on christmas eve, the strings,(it was a mirena) can out, I went to the doc and they shortened the strings and that was it
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I bled/spotted for exactly 6 months. They say you can spot for up to 6 months, and I was a lucky one that actually maxxed that. But I've had normal cycles since then, I also am not one of the lucky ones that stopped having periods either. Darn body.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 3:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I bled for about 3 weeks.. it was placed on the first day of my period. So you figure my period was for about a week and then I bled for 2 additional weeks. I too had extreme amount of abdominal and pelvic cramping. The bleeding will start to lighten up.. I was prescribe meds for the cramping and really tried to hang in there but ended up having it removed. i hope your experience gets easier. gl
    DNR

Answer by DNR at 4:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010