AXE? Do you like your little boy wear it?

My son loves it. He has the body washes, & sprays & the axe deodorant sticks. He loves putting them on & "smelling" like a man. Hes only five, but has been using them daily since he was about 3... Ive allowed it to bc it shows that he wants to have good hygiene. I dont always make him wear it, but if he wants to he can. Ive gotten crap about it. But I wanna see how many other mommies would let there kid where deororant at the age of 5......

John always has the axe hair stuff too. ((all the but the shampoo, I wont let him use that!!)

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 2:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My boys have an arsenal of Axe products. They are 6,9, &13. Learning early to have good hygiene is a positive thing in my book. Just as long as they don't put it on too strong - that stuff is potent!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Does he need it? Does he get body ordor if he doesn't wear it? As someone who's at the schools in our district I personally can't stand the stuff! After you've inhaled, tasted & gagged on gallons of the stuff that gets sprayed on a daily basis, you tend to not like it. There's nothing wrong w/ a little. My rule for colognes & perfumes- they should be discovered not announced!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son has had all that too. He is 14 now and still does it all. I don't mind, who is it hurting really? I got flack because I let my son get bleached tips in 2nd grade.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My 4 yr old wears cologne just like dad when we go somewhere, but doesn't use deoderant. No hurry to intoduce aluminum to his system. But he does use amercian crew shampoo/conditioner. We haven't used baby stuff is quite a while
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My 5 & 3 year old loves deodorant and perfume.. I see know problem in showing them early that its okay to smell good.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• mrs. mom no he doesnt need it, which is why i dont inforce it, but if he wants it, I allow it.
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes, my son did at that age and he still does at 10.
    He uses deoderant under his arms and sprays his shirt with a little axe spray. He smells good. He likes it. Wears it just about everyday.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my nephew started using the axe bodywash and spray at 6..because he wanted to, not cuz he needed to..i think its adorbale and he smells sooooo good! LOL my daughter has used body spray since she was 5..she wants to smell good too!! why not!! its not hurting anyone! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I got ds (5) some nice fresh, man ish(but not heavy or anything, light and airy) body/hairwash. He likes to smell like a boy not a girl(since dd and I have lots of girly smelling soaps and body washes) so now he has some for him.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ds hasn't discovered Axe yet, and doesn't need anything like that at age 5, so no he doesn't use it. If he starts asking for it, I'll probably let him get some. Once in a while, he asks to use Daddy's body wash...which I think is the Old Spice blue kind now. One time dh's body wash came with a sample bottle of the green kind and ds was thrilled when dh gave it to him.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 10:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010