AW $&*@!!!

I just did a loud of laundry and I washed my kids blankets. Well I pulled them out of the dryer and my daughter's favorite pink blanket is purple and her cream colored bed spread is light blue along with the fitted sheets! I washed my sons blue blanket with everything but this has never happened! I washed everything in cold and they always come out the same color as when they went in! UGH! I just hope my daughter doesn't notice her blankie being purple. Anyone else have any laundry horror stories?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Pens are evil. They sneak in and splotch everything!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• did you dry it all already? if not, put it back in one piece at a time with some oxyclean.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes it's already dry and there was no pens in the washer/dryer. I think it was caused my my sons dark blue blanket
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i accidentally spilled some bleach on one of my husband's favorite dress shirts not too long ago :(
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I once washed a red crayon in with a whole load of my son's clothes. Silly me didn't check the teeny tiny pocket on the side of his shorts that was supposed to be a decorative pocket. Three shirts & 5 pairs of shorts had red & pink splotches of melted crayon on them...and I didn't notice until after I had dryed them. Now I hang everything, so when I have a washing oops, it's easy to rewash.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• the day my daughter was born i did a load of laundry. there was a shirt that was tie dyed and it belonged to my niece. i had no idea it had not been washed before! when i was in labor i was watching my mom pull out these pink clothes!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• try washing the pink blanket again
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I recently did that - a black sock in my light colored clothes. What a mess. I rewashed the load in Tide, and most of it came out. There were a few items that still had gray splotches, so I used Dreft stain remover and washed again, worked like a charm.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes, when I wash there clothes and there shirt is white with a darker color.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010