CONFUSED

MY BOYFRIEND OF 15 YRS JUST ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM. HE SAID IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO AFTER ALL THIS TIME. HE SAYS HE'S READY NOW. AS FOR ME I'M CONFUSED BECAUSE EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER SAID ABOUT MARRIAGE HAS BEEN NEGATIVE. WHEN WE FIRST MET AND THE SUBJECT WOULD COME UP, I WOULD SAY "THE TWO ARE NOW ONE LIKE A TEAM THEY SHOULD WORK TOGETHER AND TO STRIVE FOR BETTER". HE WOULD SAY " YOU ACT LIKE IF YOU GET MARRIED EVERYTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE, AS IF GOD IS GOING TO OPEN UP THE CLOUDS AND SHINE A LIGHT ON US". BACK THEN HE WOULD ALSO LOOK AT ME AS IF WHAT I WAS SAYING WERE WRONG. NOW HE TELLS ME I'M PROCRASTINATING. EVERYTHING I'VE EVER SAID ABOUT THE SUBJECT WAS WRONG BUT NOW WHEN HE SAYS IT ITS SUPPOSE TO MAKE SENSE. PLEASE HELP NEED ADVICE

roxannschild

Asked by roxannschild at 3:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• People can change a lot in 15 years.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• he just wasnt ready and now he is maybe he has relized that your the one and why not be married to you!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 3:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well it does make me wonder has happened (if anything) since he has suddenly after all these years changed his mind about the subject of marriage. I do think you should talk to him and try to find out what prompted this change of attitude.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• So maybe he had a change of heart. Is this what you wanted? why you've been defending it? Maybe he just changed there doesn't really need to be any confusion and if you bug him for an answer it could just upset him. Take it for what it is....him wanting to marry you. Hope everything works out.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sometimes people arent ready for a while
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• THANKS FOR YOUR HELP BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW I'M NOT DEFENDING ANYONE, AND I KNOW PEOPLE CHANGE OVER THE YEARS JUST DON'T KNOW
    roxannschild

Comment by roxannschild (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• What are you afraid of? Are you afraid that when you marry him, it would be harder to get out of the marriage as oppose to just being in a relationship with him? After 15 years, you know him better than anyone....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• He's afraid of dying alone.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• People can change and it sounds like he is ready
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Its will be better for him now that's he's ready. Congratulations you are getting married gl.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010