DH wants to know the sex of our baby...I don't.

We found out with my first and I think it would be amazing for my DH to announce what we have when he/she is born. He wants to find out via ultrasound...I dont trust him to not let it slip for that long! Should I just stick to my guns (he will eventually do what I want when it comes to our kids...always...lol) or am I being unfair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Unfair? You're the one that's going to go through labor and delivery. If you want that surprise then he should respect that wish.

We were in the same situation with my last pregnancy. I wanted to wait, DH wanted to find out. We had found out with our first and he respected my wishes to wait. It was the most amazing feeling to announce we had a little girl. I loved the surprise and now I can't imagine finding out before hand.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I honestly think that's a bit unfair.. if you wanted to know and he didn't, you could find out. I think if he wants to know, hes the father, he should be able to.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think your being unfair! Have a little trust in your husband.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i would wait. IF he wants to know let him find out and not tell you ...
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree, let him find out but keep it secret from you. If you respect his wishes, he should respect yours.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think you should both agree to it, if you don't want to know, He prolly will slip.
    scout82

Answer by scout82 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would let him find out. And let him know how much it means to you not to know. And if he slips, kick his a$$! :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010