Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

medical procedures that will allow me to have a baby

So i've been through several doctors to figure out why i haven't been able to get pregnant its been almost 2 years. I finally found a doctor that wanted to help me out give it his all you know and i have a very irregular period i bleed almost 365 days a year. My doctor has tryed so many different things to stop it and nothing has worked. The other day was the first time i've ever seen concern on my doctors face. He is stumped and has no clue what to do next. This is the first time i've ever seen my doctor look confused. He wants to remove my female parts. I am only 20 I want at least one child and so does my huband. So i was wondering if anyone knows any procedures that will get me pregnant while i'm on my period or thicken my lining so i can TTC. I would love to mention them to my doctor. This is my last chance. Anything you might know would help my husband and me would be great. please nothing rude


Asked by Lori1818 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 5 (70 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • is this a fetilrity doctor?? OK here's something to try Add 1/8 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a cup of warm water or your favorite herbal tea and drink it. Need an herbal tea?? Go for Thyme. Steep 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme in two cup of hot water. Let it stand for 10 minutes. Strain out the thyme and drink one cuo. Add an ice cube to the other cup of tea and soak a washcloth in it and use as a compress on the pelvic area. Or you can try Yarrow tea 2 or 3 cups a day until the period is over. To prepare add 1 or 2 teaspoons dried yarrow (depending how strong you want it) to a cup of just boiled water Let it steep for 10 minutes strain and drink. You might not like the taste, but drink it as long as you get results. Avoid alcohol and hot spicy foods except for the cayenne pepper.
    On a daily basis, thoroughly chew then swallow 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds. Or you can grind flaxseed and sprinkle on your cereal, soup,...

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • is this a reproductive specialist or a GP?

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • If u bleed almost 365 days then yeah it makes sense to want to give u a hysterectomy. U can adopt. The doctor is concerned about your life that is why he suggested that.

    Answer by dancer at 3:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • i've been to all the specialist where i live and all are stumped so i turned to obgyn's and most of the ones i've been to are stumped now the doctor i'm seeing is a specialist but also does gyn work and he is now stumped

    Comment by Lori1818 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • yeah but i've been like this since i was 16 and i got pregnant before but now its not happening i'm only 20 do you have any idea how long it would take for them to approve someone like me to adopt a long time i know i've checked into it. I was thinking about a surraget but if theres a chance i can get pregnant i want to take every option i can

    Comment by Lori1818 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • The doctors know what they r talking about and doing. The oath they take is First do no harm. They would not suggest something if it wasn't necessary.

    Answer by dancer at 3:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • i don't know i'm only 20 i know i have more options maybe i need to try doctors in a different state

    Comment by Lori1818 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • What state do u live in??

    Answer by dancer at 3:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • A hysterectomy is radical - you need to get a second opinion. There are other procedures that could be done that can help with periods - even an ablation (which destroys your uterine lining, you cannot have children afterward) would be less invasive than a hysterectomy. What condition did he say you had? Have they performed a laproscopy (they use a scope to view your reproductive organs) yet?

    Answer by Scuba at 3:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • they have no clue all my stupid test come back normal. I have had a laproscopy, a historocapy, D&C's, countless ultrasounds, they have tested my uterine linging, my thryroid and other glands, several different medications, so many different tests now i just tell my doctors to requests my records cause i can't remember half of everything i've had done

    Comment by Lori1818 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010