breathing?

im 18 weeks pregnant and go for walks just about every day and that doesnt wear me out at all but whenever i eat a normal sized meal (not just a snack) i have to stop and breathe for a few minutes because i feel so short of breath. why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• u should start to eat smaller meals cause the baby is pushing on everything, i was told 6 small meals a day for eating... GL
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it's actually just because your sitting down while you eat (if you are) ...I know when i was pregnant that same thing happened tome, and I was always active. It's because when you sit down everything starts pushing down, things push down on your stomach, lungs, because your body is trying to make room for not only a baby but for the big meal your eating. Try eating standing....it really does help. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 6:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If you read What to Expect when you are expecting it will tell you breathlessness is very normal. I have 5 kids and never experienced this until my fouth but I swear I was out of breath from the time of conception to the time I gave birth. It is normal and it will go away...just pace yourself. Stairs were the worst for me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2008