For those against nursing in public (showing breast)... adult content

Do you feel offended if you see a man's breast? I am not being snide, just really want to know.

A breast is a breast regardless if it is on a male or female. So if you do NOT get offended when seeing a male breast, why does it offend to see a female breast while nursing? Is it because you see it as a sexual organ or other?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Funny. I didn't enjoy seeing women breastfeed while I ate nor while I was at church in the pew. I thought it is was rude and disrespectful to everyone involved. However, it is their lives and I had the good grace to allow them to not only have their own opinion but to act on it without any nasty comments from me. And I guess I have never seen a perfect/beautiful breast out breastfeeding. Most at the very least look saggy, veins popping and some with stretch marks. However a question was asked, I answered honestly and a little flippantly and I get attacked.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The same time you formula feeders would have to. Can your baby go all day without a bottle? No. When we go out on a Saturday, we are out all day. I won't sit in a hot car or a nasty bathroom and my kid sure can't wait 8 or more hours to eat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• This is much worse...
    MAN BOOB Pictures, Images and Photos

than...
    Photobucket
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If your uncomfortable or offended THEN DONT LOOK
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Purplebutterfly... why should I not not be able to feed my child just because it might make someone uncomfortable...why should I be stuck at home until my child is weaned? As for a bottle my daughter would never take one. I use a cover a best I can ( my daughter likes to kick it off), so I do consider others, though I shouldn't have to cover up such a natural thing.
    Calleighsmommy2

Answer by Calleighsmommy2 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If I never want my kid to have formula and if a pump won't work, should I never leave the house with my child for fear I may show a little nipple that may cause you some discomfort?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I dont get a offended, but to me its kind of uncomfy when you have mother just take them out & show the world. I understand its a natural thing, But as a mom i have a hard time explaining to my five year old what a boob is & why that lady is taking it out.

Breast feeding is a great thing for those who choose it. But some woman at certain places should be a little more, less public about it. a towel or something... not in all places but some....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm not offended by nursing in public.. but I want to answer this..lol

I may glance twice at a woman's breast in public..just because it is a breast, but I'm fine with it. I do ; however, get grossed out by big hairy man boobs! =P
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• purpl_"well like ive said before, ive never seen a women breastfeeding her baby in public yet so its really never been an issue for me."

Actually, your words as best as I can recall them, in a previous post regarding breastfeeding is that if you were to see a woman NIP you would" Point and laugh" to embarrass her. That you "Find it disgusting" and that it "Shouldn't be legal"... you have even gone as far as to categorize women who BF past a year as being sexual predators, and damaging their children...

OP- I'm much more weirded out by furry man boobs... they don't serve any purpose, so why should I have to see them? Breasts are for feeding, and shouldn't have to be tucked away or hidden.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• purp, the big deal is that a lot of times breastfed babies won't take bottles. Also why should the mother have to go through the hassle of pumping and carrying a bottle, when she has the milk with her wherever she goes. It is exactly the right temp and the right amount.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010