Wow!!!!! Testifying through a commercial?

Ok, now I have seen the sceintologist commercials, so that wouldn't be that big of a surprise. But I just saw one that wasn't scientologist and they even had a toll free number to freaking call! I am blown away. I also wonder what people would do (how much they would complain) if a Pagan commercial came on. What do you think?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Advertising is for everyone, even Pagans, everyone.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with 2tinyhineys, anyone with make commercials.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I guess I just haven't seen one. If there is one, can you point me in the direction of it, please?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Comment by spiritguide_23 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't think anyone really cares about commercials.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I just had this conversation... But I haven't seen any Scientology commercials, just the Mormon ones... I would love to get some cash together and make an I am Pagan one... Just to make a point!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would so love to help you out with that Sabrina! There needs to be "equal opurtunity" on the airways!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Comment by spiritguide_23 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It just isn't allowed for atheists. Two billboards vandalized now and a bus ad removed because the Atheist Coalition posted them. I think that someone like "Miss Cleo" (remember her??) is about as close as a pagan could get to advertising on T.V.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• What I find more disturbing is the religions that DO spend money on advertising, spend money on ridiculous houses of worship, on making their leaders wealthy, on appearing more "godly". Yet there are families among their masses struggling to put supper on the table, who feel obligated to give their tithe... and then it is spent on advertising. sick.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've seen commericals for the LDS more than anything else. I've never seen one that wasn't some Christian derivative, but I would like to!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• most advertising that i can think of other than for charity is for FOR-PROFIT products. that should tell you something about the church that is advertising. I worked at a large church for several years (not one in my religion) and they would get $30K-$55K a WEEK in the plate/donations (their average attendance was about 1,100 a week, I think total membership was about double). My salary at the time was less than the low end of that, and the senior minister was concerned about competing with his brother-in-law's (a minister) church in a wealthy area not far from here... for example, the church where i worked had purchased a $5 mil organ a couple years prior and the minister decided he needed a BETTER organ for twice as much because they hired a prestigous organ player, who i'm sure made a hefty salary. etc. it was really hard to work there knowing what went on / their priorities behind the scenes. never could've been a member!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2010