what's you favorite fabric softener?

I make my own laundry detergent. It's unscented so I add a softener sheet in the dryer. Some would find this ironic and homemade detergent experts would tell ya skip everything w/ chemicals if you're trying to go chemical free lol. My next batch however, I plan to add essential oils and add vinegar in the washing machine for the softener. But for now, I love my sheets! What's your fave? why?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Bounce
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 3:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Gain. I switch up the scents though. I used to like Downey, but they changed the scents, and now I don't like them.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I go back and forth between Snuggle, Gain, and Downy. I have favorites in these brands but my favorite depends on the day I'm grocery shopping.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I use the Purex sheets which are detergent AND fabric softener together...goes in wash and the dryer.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 3:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I use vinegar as my softener. We actually did a line dry test years ago with towels and downy ball thingys that go in the wash. One load done with the downy, the other will vinegar, then dried on the line. They were exactly the same - no way of know which ones were which. So I buy several large containers of white vinegar 2x a year.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Snuggle.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Snuggles! Love how it makes the clothes smell :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I like Downy, I use the liquid and the sheets. It's amazing how long the clothes smell clean and fresh!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Bounce
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I buy cuddle sift it has the least smell I can find since smells make me sick I should try the vinegar trick It would be cheaper
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010