Razor Burn? adult content

For you ladies who shave down below, how do you not get terrible razor burn? I hurt so bad the next couple of days and it looks like I have herpes for almost a week.

MoM.i.aM

Asked by MoM.i.aM at 3:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• a good razor shaving cream and go with the grain start from the out side and work you way in its bad at first but it gets better i got bad razor burn and it has stopped
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 3:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Lots of shaving cream a brand new razor Venus is the best and there is a new cream u can get to prevent razor bumps but i cant think of the name of it.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Shave WITH the grain. Saved my lady parts! lol I use to go against, until I realized thats why you get razor burn. Go with it and you don't get it. And Use shaving cream too.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Nair. I have tried every trick in the book and it's a not go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I use Venus Embrace and Skintimate and it is still really bad.
    MoM.i.aM

Comment by MoM.i.aM (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I use conditioner.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I learned this on The Doctors that if you go against the grain the hair follicle it is now beneath the surface of the skin and razor burn is the very least that can happen. If you have ever plucked hairs you know how they will curl around inside the dermis until they find their way out causing a long term bump. When you go gently with the grain the follicle remains flush at the surface.
    TriaB

Answer by TriaB at 3:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I shave in the shower, usually a few minutes after I get in. If I don't have a good shaving cream, then I use a thick hair conditioner to shave with. I also make sure my razor is sharp and clean (dull or dirty blades mean I tend to get ingrown hairs more). After I get out of the shower, I apply regular stick underarm deodorant over the shaved area. (Hey, notice how RARELY you get those same bumps under your arms???)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am shaving against the grain. But I have noticed when I dont it leaves me with bad pricklies and that makes me feel pokey.
    MoM.i.aM

Comment by MoM.i.aM (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ok so there is this shaving cream kinda of stuff....its usually sold in sex shops....its called (of all things..) Coochie. It works great! I never get razor burn anymore and it's not really that expensive. but it is specifically made for shaving and not getting razor burn. You probebly find it easily on the internet and an adult store site. It's so worth it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010