How Do I Cook Pork Chops?

I have been banned by my dh from cooking porkchops. They always turn out grey and tough. I would like to surprise him by making some oneday that are not grey and tough. Any suggestions

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 3:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If they are tough chances are you are cooking them too long. Pork chops only need to be cooked on each side shortly. I'm talking like maybe 10 minutes tops!! I cook mine in worstecier sauce, soy sauce, and pepper. Gives it a nice flavor. And you don't need high heat either, like medium high heat. They should still be white and juicy. Plus buy a good kind, not a cheap cut either!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I can't win on the pork chops either if that helps. I do like to slow cook pork for pull pork sandwiches....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah, if he like saurkraut, cook them in that. Can't go wrong with a crock pot all day or in the oven all day, but if baking them in the oven you have to watch that it doesn't dry out.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Season it more, cook it less.

Take them out of the package and put them on a plate. Brush them with a good bit of olive oil. Season them with salt and spices. Let them rest on the counter to take the chill off. For 1 inch thick chops on the grill:

Get the grill hot as hell. I mean hot. Open the lid and lay the chops on. In 2 minutes give them a quarter turn- don't flip yet. In 2 minutes flip. Keep the lid open. Don't you close that lid and dry them out. In 2 minutes do a quarter turn on that side. Wait 2 minutes then take them off.

They need to rest 3 minutes before cutting into them. Your total cook time is 8 minutes in the fire, 3 mins resting.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• bake them in cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup and serve with rice. Or dip in egg wash and dip in Frenchs fried onions crushed up and bake---@ 350 for like 15-20 minutes
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i like them marinated and on the grill. They also come out tender in the crock pot
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• TRY BAKING THEM SOMETIMES I'LL BUY A THICK CUT SO I CAN STUFF THEM AND BAKE AT 350 FOR AT LEAST 45 MINS GOOD LUCK
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i bake mines in the oven...and cut up some onions in them
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Baked them in some cream of chicken
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have cooked them in the fry pan with potatoes and sauerkraut. And in the oven with a breadcrumb coating. When pork chops are done they usually are whitish/greyish color inside and if you cut into them and there's no pink they are done. Pork chops can dry out really quickly and you need to keep an eye on them with whatever method of cooking you are choosing. There are also time differentials when there is a bone in a pork chop and when they are considered center cut. Center cut usually one take about 30-40 minutes depending upon the size. When there is a bone in the chops it usually takes 45 minutes to an hour. You can check by cutting into one slightly to make sure it's not pink inside.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010