Does this seem fair?

My son was tripped at school and he fell down, but he got punished for it. That doesn't seem fair to me. He's in kindergarten. He's confused and not very happy right now.

PoisonousBlonde

Asked by PoisonousBlonde at 3:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in

• The teacher and I would be having a talk. I'm not saying that I would automatically blame her and think she was out of line but the last thing a parent needs to do is automatically assume their child left something out or lied. Adults, yes even teachers sometimes, do not see everything or they just don't do the right thing. The best thing is to get both sides and decide what is going on than to just assume the teacher is always right.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• maybe he isnt telling you the entire truth...he couldve been running or horsing around
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Give the teacher a call, or email, if you haven't already and find out what happened. Maybe he was running? Good luck getting to the bottom of it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Talk to his teacher. Kids at that age don't always tell you the whole story. Maybe he did something before or after he was tripped.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'd call... you're probably not getting the whole story
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You should call the teacher and talk to him/her about it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with eliza and andrea. Get the whole story from the teachers. I would pursue it.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Wow..why would he get in trouble for that.?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No
    why did he get in trouble
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would be in that school right now finding out why and making this right...I get kind of upset when I think my children are being treated unfairly. but you may not know the whole story so I would find out what the whole story is and act accordingly.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010