Has anyone tried and succeeded at trying to have a specific gender naturally?

I'm just curious, my dh husband and I are trying for baby #2 and I know we'd like to eventually have a boy. So I was wondering if anyone has suceeded in concieving he gender of there choice naturally. We would be happy either way but are there ways of tipping the odds?

Calleighsmommy2

Asked by Calleighsmommy2 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• We used the Shettles Method to have a boy. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• tried to conceive? no...but I tried for a girl when adopting (everybody wants girls in our county).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh and before everyone jumps in with the usual "You get what you get", No, nothing is 100% but you can at least tip the odds one way or the other.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My whole life I have always said I want two boys close in age then a girl a few years later. And I have the two boys close in age. I would like to think because my heart wanted two boys so badly I got them.. But it can only go one of two ways. lol. Good luck tho. Ohh. I was on bottom both times, maybe that had to do with it.. Lets see, and it was the first and second day of my ovulation that we had sex. I've read if its closer to the beginning you are more likely to have a boy, and if its closer to the middle or end of ovulation its more likely to be a girl. Like I said, I did the beginning and I have both boys. So try that! =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We went by the chinese gender chart with both of our children and it worked but also it has been proven your more likely to have a boy if u do it doggie styler (sry if thats tmi). Also check when your supposed to ovulate its been proven if u do it on your first day of ovulation your more likely to have a boy, we did all of these and it worked for our baby boy. Hope this helps.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Thats all God!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• its a 50/50 chance ..its luck if you get what you want
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes. We had a girl and also wanted a boy. We looked at the Chinese gender chart which told me when I'd likely conceive a boy. Added to that, I know when I ovulate. Boy sperm swim faster, but die sooner. Girl sperms swim slower, but last longer. So, in the months indicated by the Chinese chart, we had sex the day before I ovulated so when the egg popped out the next day, the boy sperm were RIGHT THERE to fertilize it. Yeah, we got our boy. Good luck!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010