What's wrong with me?

My husband and I decided that we only want two biological children. I really don't want another baby. But at the same time I do. It's like my head says no and my heart says yes.

katrinad

Asked by katrinad at 3:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• estrogen~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It sucks doesn't it? I feel the same way
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ah! I have been thinking about this all day! My husband has already gotten a vasectomy so it's a bit late now, but I was changing my youngest's diaper today thinking, "I can't believe after you I won't change anymore diapers. :( "

I know diaper changing is a weird to be nostalgic about... But I've been having these same thoughts. What keeps me optimistic is to think that if all goes accordingly, I'll be an empty nester by the time I'm 43!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am going through the same this right now....I have a 10 yo (from a previos relationship) and a 9 month old with my DH. We talked before the baby was born about having two together but since the baby has been born I don't think I want to have anymore and he's hinted to the same thing. I'm so torn by it cause I think I can be happy with my two children but I will miss having a baby around. All I have concluded in my search is to just keep my options open. I dont what to do anything that will possibly stop me from having kids in the future but i'm going to move forward thinking I may not have any more.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Depending on how old you and your children are wait a few years and you might decide that you really do want another child. Or you may see that you are very happy as a family of 4. GL.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• we forget about the education hardship of lots of kids...babytime is a breeze compared to homework hell~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Its hard raising children, and expensive, its ok to only want 2! 2 is a great number!! Let time pass if you feel up to another later, add to the family :) hugs
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have 4 and my heart still wants more too!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have 3 children and although i am not trying to have another baby I will always have the option open. I would (at some point) like to have more if the ones I have don't have me in the loony bin first
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have 3, and I am done! No more babies for this mama. I knew from the first time I got pregnant that I only wanted so many. I was honestly open to it being either two or three. It would have been two if my younger son had been a girl. lol.
    From what you are describing, it could be estorgen levels, or just general indecision. I would suggest you sit down and talk about what you are feeling with your husband and see how he feels, cause he has a part in it too. Also, from the way you worded this question, it seems that you were maybe thinking about maybe adopting?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010