Would you terminate your pregnancy if you were the victim of a horrible rape?

mama1122

Asked by mama1122 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Me no. I actually have a son from one. But I wouldn't put someone down for doing it.
    Anonymous

• OOhhh that's a tough one. Part of me wants to say yes and part of me is screaming adoption..... being a victim of sexual abuse, I would not want to imagine that possibility. I am going to say yes but I know I'm about to get bashed. oh well..........
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 6:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• that is a hard question to answer.. if it where me. no i would not terminate because it is a human life and it wasnt the babys fault,or the mothers fault that it happened. im pro life, i think no matter what the situation the baby should live but that is the mothers choice because that is a very very emotional situation.

every thing happens for a reason. it could be god putting that person threw a test.
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• absolutely not.. I know I'll be the victim of future words on this Q & A but I am a firm believer in por-life and God. I think that in life there is a reason for each and everything that happens to us. Though some choose to believe otherwise, I feel as though God has a plan in store for us, and sometimes it may include bad decisions we may and bad things that also happen to us. But for a reason God intended that baby to be brought into this world, if he didn't want the child to be born he wouldn't have brought it into this World. Also the baby should not be terminated just because of how it was brought into the world, afterall it had no control over that aspect and deserves a good chance at life. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 6:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would not. My understanding is that this is a rare occurance. Not that it does not happen (see post 1), but it does not happen as often as Planned Parenthood and other pro-choice groups would want you to believe. I would not fault someone for making this choice, though adoption is a much better option.
    sarabear524

Answer by sarabear524 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• No i wouldn't abort considering it wasn't the childs fault but I would put it up for adoption. don't punish the child for having a d*** of a father.
    Anonymous

• So you are sayng that i should've given my son away because of the way he was concieved?
    He is the light of my life everytime i look at him i i have a few seconds of hurt but its not his fault and besides i cant imagine living witout his smile
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't. I've talked about it with my mother when I was younger, because someone in my school was getting an abortion due to being raped. I look at it this way...The baby may be half of him, but it's also half of you. Then again, since I've never had this happen to me, I can't speak for everyone. I didn't look down on the girl who did get the abortion, either. A lot of girls hassled her to not get an abortion and tried showing her other options and what not, but in the end she did what she wanted.

Anonymous

• I'm hoping that I would not since i'm truly pro life. In my eyes you should punish the rapist and not the baby.
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 6:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• No. s(he) is still a baby. and like many have said... its not the babys fault. I know it would be tough, but the baby deserves to live.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008