I have a very old version of hooked on phonix. How can I use it with my two year old?

What should she be learning? She can say her ABCs correctly. What else should she be taught this young. Level one includes letter flash cards to know the letters, flashcards for thier sounds and a word that begins with the letter, and a workbook with tapes to learn both. Do you think she is too young? How can I get her interested and help her learn to read/ letters?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• um... you mean hooked on PHONICS?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No, she's not too young.... have at it! My two older boys could read when they were three. At her age she is a little sponge. Just don't spend crap loads of time doing it, it is their attention span than tends to keep parents from trying to teach the little peeps. Make it just feel like a game.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• don't bother...just read to her, with her, let her see you reading~I didn't like the program for the boring, stale books~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010