itchy cast...

i broke my wrist yesterday morning and i'm in a cast and my arm is really itching.. what are some tricks to scratch it???

mfialdrdickhaus

Asked by mfialdrdickhaus at 6:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Health

• I had casts on my legs during college following surgeries. The best thing to relieve the itching is to put some Gold Bond powder into the cast. The doctor says it's fine, and it definitely stopped the itching!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Stick NOTHING down the cast. It can tear up the cotton they wrapped around your arm and cause pressure points. What did I do?...Stick anything that would fit down my cast and got pressure points. It was not a good thing. I know how miserable it is. My son swears that slapping the outside of his casts over where it itched helped.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• clothes hanger
    bambigrand

Answer by bambigrand at 8:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• thanks everyone..... this cast sucks!!! lol
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 8:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yup good ole fashoined wire coat hanger!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I used a coat hanger, and a butter knife, they both scratched my skin and I got a nasty infection!!! I would try the slapping, or the gold bond, maybe a benedryl would halp
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2008