Ever have a "traumatic" event which you now consider funny?

I've always been a bit "afraid" of firehouse sirens. I traced that fear back to when I was a child. I'm sure this was before powerwheels. I had a firetruck pedal ride-on which had a bell on it. I had my "my pet monster" doll in it with me. I was riding around and rang the bell. Suddenly I heard the firehouse siren go off across town and I freaked out. I screamed and ran in the house, shaking. I thought I caused the siren to go off because I rang the bell. lmao!!!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was 5 when E.T. came out and it took until I was 25 y/o to be able to watch that movie again....lol. IT was the part where Elliot is going through the corn field and shines his flash light on E.T. and they both scream. My mom said I lept from her lap, did a 180 and grabbed onto her. I remember screaming but thats about all I remember.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The time I lit the dog on fire, well still not funny for me but for everyone else they laugh.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• this is funnyit was the first date that me and my husband went on and it lasted about 36-50 hours well we went out for pizza and then we drove around he introduced me to his friends we went to a bar then we left with his friend got stoped by cops his friend told the co i was pregnant and he was taking me to hospital then we was alone again we ate again drove around more probably ate again we went to his mom house nobody was ther except his 17 year sis tryin to skip school we wen to the junkyard to find somethin for his car i fell asleep in car he went in his house and took a shower now this is all the nex day then we probaly ate again i remember stoppin at every fast food place we could so he still didnt sleep well now its probably about 5 we are drving im layin on his shoulder and he tells me make sure he dont fall sleep ok so im lookin out his side window and we drving just fine wit traffic THEN CRASH into the back of a wait
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When I was 10, and unbearably shy, we went to pick up my uncle from the airport. As 10 year old girls do I had taken a little blue jean purse and filled it full of silly stuff. One of the items what a little silver pop gun. I mean it didnt even take caps. You just pulled back the back and when you pulled the trigger it made a pop sound. Well they saw it on the scanner, made me empty my purse, inspected the gun (the entire time my mom is saying its a toy!) and they made us take it back out to the car! I was MORTIFIED. Because we HAD to go back in and those women were smirking and nodding at me! I was so so so embarrassed! I find it silly and funny now but at the time....OMG!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• TRUCK so he must had been dazed and i feel under dash board he drives off real fast but it was slow cuz the car was messed up so we wind up behind a factory and he says to me why you let me do that i said what you aint ask me and i say yea. so now we are takin all his sttuff out of car and licsence plates and we walk like 8 blocks to his friends house then we leave there and walk like 2 n1/2 hours to his mom house and there i get carded cuz im 19 and he is 21 but i look like i was 12 so they let me in and then we walk back 2 hours to my house so we were ok no doc but the next day he went to work and i went to school and we were in so much pain from that accident and he was so tired from stayin up like 3 days he feel sleep on forklift and crash got fired. now i dont like driving behind trucks. and then he moved in with me. FUNNY AND CRAZY
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Actual traumatic (with a funny ending) incident was almost getting killed when I was pregnant. I was at my mom's right after my dad passed away and she lives on a mountainous, curvy, no lines kind of road. Her driveway is right in the middle of a curve and this dumbass came around it around midnight doing something like 60mph with NO headlights on as I was pulling out. My aunt and uncle were ahead of me on the road, waiting in a wide, grassy spot. When the guy pulled around me and I pulled out, I could see my family members speeding after the guy and my uncle was hanging out the passenger window with his gun screaming, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. When we got back to town, my aunt told me that he was yelling, "You wanna play motherf*****?!" while waving his gun lmao.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010