I'm 37 weeks into my pregnancy and this past month my gums have been bleeding so much when I brush my teeth...

I use a soft brush and brush very gently...the bottom front of my gums are swollen and the back of my bottom teeth area are very sensitive when I bite into food... I called a dentist today and they said to wait til I give birth and than take care of what's wrong... to me that just sounded wrong? Is that what you other mother's did too? I'm scared if I get gingivitis or what not... I just don't want to suffer in the long run cuz' I didn't take care of this..

jyi0621

Asked by jyi0621 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yeah that sounded pretty wrong. i thought it was ok to go to the denist threw out your pregnancy. thats not right you shouldnt have to go threw that pain because they are a** holes. if it were me i would change where i go.
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• no mine did the same thing and were sore and swollen... I would actually just slack off on the brushing so much thing. I know that may sound gross or what not, but it really helped me. I only brushed like once a day every other day.... but the bleeding is just from all the increased blood flow coming from and going to the baby. But if you still feel something is wrong 3 weeks will not be that detrimental to wait to get things taken care of. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 6:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I called my dentist too when this started happening. He told me to wait until after I gave birth because it might clear up on its own. If you don't feel right get a second opinion. I waited and mine got better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i had the exact problem..my gums were so inflamed an bled all the time..u cant go to the dentist if ur preggo..onloy in an emergency..my gums went back to normal after i had the boys thouhg
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008