What do you think of the spelling of this name?

My late mothers name was Jean, i wanted to give my daughter a name in honor of her . So i picked Jeannah pronounced like Gianna. Personally i think Jeannah looks prettier then Gianna. I LOVE it and i know the pronounciation may be hard for others but im okay with it (: haha what do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Baby Names

• love it!
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Because of how Jean is pronounced, I would assume that your version says is pronounced similar Jean-ah (like Gena/Gina how ever you want to spell it)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with dark
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Love it!!

MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My Moms name is Jean too! I like the name Jeannah but I think people will pronounce it like Gina. How about making Jean her middle name or EmmaJean or something similar?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Pronounced Ge-auna? or Gina? Jeannah to me looks like it is pronounced Gina. I actually like the spelling Gianna better, looks more original.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i also would think that its pronounced like gina ... but i like it alot. you and her will just be correcting people often...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would call her Gina with that spelling. Jeeanah or Jeauhna would sound more like what you are after...
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree, you're going to get a lot of mispronounciation and misspellings. If you love the name go for it, but don't get all pissy when people say or spell it wrong.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i agree with dark too, and shan and others.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010