Tae Kwon Do or dance?

i have a 6 year old who wants to do dance and I would really like to see her in Tae Kwon Do?
Its a Time and money thing that is the problem.

but between Tae kwon Do, karata or DAnce

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 4:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• dance if she has to do it, it might as well be here choice
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 6:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My dd is 4 1/2 and takes Karate.. she LOVES it! She wanted to take dance and well, I refused to put her into the dance academy here since I DETEST the owner/instructor and the cost is ridiculous. It was over $1000 per year, plus registration fees, recital fees and deposits, as well as costumes...ummmm,,,,nope. Karate is $1000 per year plus equipment..sparring gear is $130 and once she gets new belts they are $25 each...she is now a gold belt with 2 stripes..she is one stripe away from a gold/orange belt.
    Honestly, I would rather my girls take something where they will learn life skills- ie self defense. I've taken dance and I really would I had taken Martial Arts instead. It teaches focus, self confidence, patience, self defense, and how to work together when things are tough. I've only seen great things come from MA, but my experience is jaded concerning dance..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2010