How to lose belly fat?

I'm so sick of being fat...and it's all in my freakin belly. I'm really short (4'11") to top it all off and have a low thyroid. How can I lose this belly? Will walking at a somewhat fast pace for 30 minutes do it? My eating is fine...I eat well, fruits and veggies, lean meats and *almost* no junk...I just hate to exercise. But I'm 206 pounds and I know I need to lose. How many calories should I be eating every day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Health

• I think at least 1500 and aim to burn about 300 a day
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• As far as calories go.. it depends on your age, how active you are, and your age.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i have the same problem...belly fat...i am cool with the rest of my body(size 6),,,but i jus cant seem to get rid of this tummy...so i have been cutting back on the junk and fatty foods...walking is good for weight loss but your belly will b the last area for loss of weight...

when i lift weights i seem to see faster results in my tummy area....also i heard about Melt away Pounds with Mitch...where he excersise with a ball...and it claim to help u lose 3pounds around the belly in 3 days...buy on amazon for $30 ...so i plan to check it out, and c if it really works...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 4:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Cardio to lose the weight. You will NOT lose weight by lifting weights or doing weight training. That only strengthens the muscles. Period. Cardio is the only effective way to lose fat/weight in any part of your body. 30 minutes a day is the recommended time.

Pilates and Yoga are great to tone and strengthen the muscles and joints. Those are recommended along with your cardio workout.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010